Matthew M. Comiter is a shareholder in the Tax and Private Wealth Services practice groups, practicing in the firm’s West Palm Beach office. Matt focuses his practice on domestic and international taxation matters for individuals and businesses.
Matt advises clients on the tax aspects of corporate transactions, including finding the tax efficient means of implementing cross border mergers and acquisitions, structuring work for corporate reorganizations involving domestic and foreign entities, tax free reorganizations and the formation of joint ventures. Matt also counsels on the establishment and acquisition of U.S. corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and assets by foreign companies.
In addition, Matt advises on various international estate planning matters, representing high net worth individuals on pre-immigration planning, foreign investment in U.S. real property and taxation of domestic and foreign trusts.
Matt joined Gunster in 2013 after working as an international tax associate for PricewaterhouseCoopers in New York City. Prior to his legal career, Matt was a starting pitcher for the Netanya Tigers in the Israel Baseball League.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-20
- Book Awards: International Tax Planning, Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement: Corporate Tax
- Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary
- Florida Bar Association
- Tax Section
- International Tax In-Bound committee
- International Tax Out-Bound committee
- Tax Section
- East Coast Estate Planning Council
- Palm Beach Tax Institute
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Emerging Leadership Program, 2017