Ryan Hedstrom is a member of the Business Litigation practice group and advises clients involved in commercial disputes. Ryan also assists clients with civil and criminal investigations, enforcement actions, compliance, and other regulatory issues across various industries, including advising businesses on local, state, and federal emergency orders, regulations, and guidance related to COVID-19.
Prior to joining Gunster, Ryan was an associate at an international litigation firm, representing a large corporate client in complex product liability disputes. He also served as a federal judicial law clerk to U.S. District Judge Elizabeth A. Kovachevich of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
Ryan graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law in 2016. While at Stetson, he was an associate member of Stetson’s Moot Court Board, where he won “Best Brief” two years in a row at the regional rounds of the New York City Bar Association’s annual moot court competition. Ryan also received Stetson’s Judge John M. Scheb “Excellence in Appellate Advocacy” Award for his outstanding performance and promise in appellate advocacy.
- American Bar Association, 2020-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2020-present
- Federalist Society, 2018-present
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, 2016-present
- Young Lawyers Division, co-chair, 2020-present
- Staying in the Game Committee, co-chair, 2019-20
- Crossroads for Florida Kids, attorney ad litem, 2016-17