Spencer Cummings is a shareholder in Gunster’s Real Estate practice group. Spencer is committed to combining his knowledge of the law with a business-like approach to real estate. His clients include developers, builders, landlords and tenants, among other real estate industry participants. Spencer’s practice focuses on commercial real estate development, sales, purchases, leasing and financing. He has substantial experience in the development of large master planned communities and in commercial leasing throughout Florida.
As head of Gunster’s Leasing practice, Spencer advises both landlords and tenants on lease transactions including office, industrial and retail leases. He has also worked with clients to structure and document ground leases.
Spencer has been involved with various individual transactions valued at more than $100 million each. He strives to deliver responsive legal counsel that facilitates the commercial objectives of his client. As a problem-solver, Spencer’s goal is to create solutions that not only enhance the commercial relationships of his clients, but are also based in sound legal theory and practical business sense.
Spencer is dedicated to devising unique strategies, structures and formats that support new ways for his clients to leverage their assets and increase their ROI. He is focused on agreements that are written in a straight-forward and easy to understand manner.
Spencer is a member of the Gunster’s Ethics Committee and Associate Mentoring Committee.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2020-22
- “Ultimate Attorney,” Jacksonville Business Journal, 2019
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2021
- Valedictorian of Law School Class
- Florida Law Review, senior management editor
- Book Awards: Contracts, Corporations, Legal Drafting, Constitutional Law and Estates and Trusts
- Order of the Coif
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Urban Land Institute