Florida Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Business Litigation, Tom Long brings three decades of experience litigating, resolving and, when necessary – trying – commercial and business cases. Tom strives to implement the quickest, most efficient path to achieve a client’s goal.
Tom understands, from many years of practice, how important a cost v. benefit analysis is to every client and ensures that such an analysis is a considered part of every case with which he is presented. Tom knows that the litigation process is anxiety-producing, distracting, sometimes unpredictable – and can be expensive. Thus, Tom is very supportive of clients whose case he is litigating. He strives mightily to bring the lawsuit to a successful, quick and efficient conclusion.
Tom is an active community participant in the City of Temple Terrace, located on Tampa’s northeast border, where he coaches numerous youth baseball, soccer and basketball teams. He serves on the boards of local churches and youth sports leagues. Tom has traveled abroad extensively, studying local cultures ranging from China and Russia to Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia and South America.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2008-22, 2024
- Florida Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2006, 2008-23
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale Hubbell, 1998-22
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Trial Law, 2000-23
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Business Litigation, 1998-23
- Law Clerk to Honorable George C. Carr, United States District Court Judge, 1982-84
- Articles Editor, Villanova Law Review, 1982
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Middle District of Florida Federal Bar Association
- Florida Bar, Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Business Litigation
- Pennsylvania Bar
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Endowment Chair, St. Catherine’s Episcopal Church, 2019-present
- Temple Terrace Soccer Association, 2010-18
- Board of Directors
- Temple Terrace Little League, 1999-14
- Board of Directors
- Team Manager
- President, King High School Athletic Association, 2001-06