Tom Jenks is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2011.
Over his more than three decades of practice, Tom has participated in a wide variety of real estate purchase, sale and loan transactions in the context of several large residential and mixed use communities in Northeast Florida. He has also provided representation to buyers, sellers and borrowers in connection with numerous multifamily, commercial and retail transactions.
Tom has drafted documentation for a significant number of master planned communities, including the creation of multi-tiered residential and commercial owners and condominium association regimes. Tom also represents a large number of condominium and homeowner associations, and regularly advises their officers and directors with respect to a wide variety of issues relevant to their operations. Tom also acts a mediator in connection with disputes involving real estate, community association and general business issues.
Tom has for many years regularly participated in a number of civic organizations, and is presently active as a director and former president of The DePaul School of Jacksonville, as a former director of the Downtown Kiwanis Club and as a trustee of the First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville.
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Jacksonville, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2009-10, 2020-21
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2008
- Florida Bar “President’s Pro Bono Award,” 2007
- Florida Bar
- Board certified in condominium and planned development law, 2019
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Thomas M. Kirbo and Irene B. Kirbo Charitable Foundation, trustee
- The DePaul School of Jacksonville, former director and president
- Downtown Kiwanis Club, former director
- First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, board of trustees