Bill Adams is a co-founder and managing shareholder of Gunster’s Jacksonville office.
Bill is a trial lawyer who is dedicated to resolving complex commercial disputes across the country. Bill’s experience covers a wide range of disputes affecting businesses. While each conflict has its own unique aspects, Bill is focused on the efficient resolution of every matter in which he is involved. Bill works with his clients to define their business objectives and is committed to devising strategies that achieve the desired result.
Notably, Bill is frequently called on to help other lawyers find negotiated resolutions for their cases. As the only mediator in north Florida selected to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Bill brings his litigation experience to bear to help others resolve their business disputes, focusing on practical outcomes that have the potential to benefit all involved parties. Bill completed advanced training at Pepperdine University’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, which is regularly ranked as the top dispute resolution program in the country. Bill is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, is a Certified Mediator for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and is a Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator.
Bill is actively engaged in leadership and community service efforts in Jacksonville. Bill is a member of the Jacksonville Civic Council and serves on the board of the Downtown Investment Authority and the Leadership Council for the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center. Bill is a member of Leadership Jacksonville’s 2014 class and recently served as Leadership Jacksonville’s selection chair.
Bill has been regularly recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2012-20), Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (2008-12, 2015, 2018-20), and Best Lawyers in America (2019-2020). He received his undergraduate and J.D. from Southern Methodist University, where he graduated magna cum laude. In his spare time, Bill owns and operates First Coast CrossFit.
- Maxcess, Inc. v. Lucent Technologies, Inc., 433 F.3d 1337 (11th Cir. 2005)
- Pfiel v. Sprint Nextel Corp., 504 F. Supp.2d 1273 (N.D. Fla. 2007)
- Integra Bank, N.A. v. Pearlman, 2007 WL 419634 (M.D. Fla. 2007)
- Bank of America, N.A. v. McCann, 444 F. Supp.2d 1227 (N.D. Fla. 2006)
- Gerrard v. A.J. Gerrard & Co., 2003 WL 25689968 (S.D. Ga. 2003)
- Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. v. Caremark, Inc., 49 F. Supp. 2d 882 (N.D. Tex. 1999)
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers® in America, Commercial Litigation, 2019-21
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2012-20
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite," 2008-12, 2015, 2018-20
- Florida Trend, "Up and Coming Legal Elite," 2006
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
- “Impeachment,” Evidence in Florida 7th ed., (Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education), 2008
- Litigation Counsel of America, senior fellow
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism section, chair, 2017-present
- Federal Bar Association
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, master
- Certified E-Discovery Specialist
- Leadership Florida, Cornerstone Class 39
- Jacksonville Civic Council
- Downtown Investment Authority, board of directors, 2020
- Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, leadership council, 2016- present
- Downtown Vision, Inc., board of directors, 2014-20
- Episcopal Children's Services
- Board of directors, 2008-12
- President, 2010-12
- Leadership Jacksonville, 2014
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Fourth Judicial Circuit, 2008-10