Bill Adams is a co-founder and managing shareholder of Gunster’s Jacksonville office.
Bill is a trial lawyer who is dedicated to resolving complex commercial disputes across the country. Bill’s experience covers a wide range of disputes affecting businesses. While each conflict has its own unique aspects, Bill is focused on the efficient resolution of every matter in which he is involved. Bill works with his clients to define their business objectives and is committed to devising strategies that achieve the desired result.
Bill is a certified e-discovery specialist and leads Gunster’s eDiscovery practice. Discovery is one of the most expensive and intrusive aspects of litigation. As a result, Bill and the eDiscovery team use the latest tools and techniques to strive to minimize the negative impacts of discovery, and maximize the effectiveness of his clients’ legal spend.
Notably, Bill is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator. In his mediation practice, Bill brings his litigation experience to bear to help others resolve their business disputes, focusing on practical outcomes that have the potential to benefit all involved parties.
In his role as office managing shareholder, Bill is responsible for guiding Gunster’s strategic growth in Northeast Florida. He is actively engaged in leadership and community service efforts in Jacksonville. As a 2014 alumnus of Leadership Jacksonville and board member of Downtown Vision, Inc., Bill is committed to building a strong future for the Jacksonville community.
Moreover, through his involvement with the Leadership Council of the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, Bill has served as an advocate for girls and young women in the community, helping to address policies and practices that result in the disparate treatment of girls, particularly those who come into contact with the juvenile justice system. Bill also serves as a member of the vestry for St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
Bill has been regularly recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2012-17) and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (2008-12, 2015). He received his undergraduate and J.D. from Southern Methodist University, where he graduated magna cum laude. In his spare time, Bill owns and operates First Coast CrossFit.
- Maxcess, Inc. v. Lucent Technologies, Inc., 433 F.3d 1337 (11th Cir. 2005)
- Pfiel v. Sprint Nextel Corp., 504 F. Supp.2d 1273 (N.D. Fla. 2007)
- Integra Bank, N.A. v. Pearlman, 2007 WL 419634 (M.D. Fla. 2007)
- Bank of America, N.A. v. McCann, 444 F. Supp.2d 1227 (N.D. Fla. 2006)
- Gerrard v. A.J. Gerrard & Co., 2003 WL 25689968 (S.D. Ga. 2003)
- Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. v. Caremark, Inc., 49 F. Supp. 2d 882 (N.D. Tex. 1999)
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2012-17
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite," 2008-12, 2015
- Florida Trend, "Up and Coming Legal Elite," 2006
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009
- “Impeachment,” Evidence in Florida 7th ed., (Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education), 2008
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism section, chair, 2017-present
- Federal Bar Association
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, master
- Certified E-Discovery Specialist
- Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center, leadership council, 2016- present
- Downtown Vision, Inc., board of directors, 2014- present
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church, member of vestry
- Episcopal Children's Services
- Board of directors, 2008-present
- President, 2010-12
- Leadership Jacksonville, 2014
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Fourth Judicial Circuit, 2008-10