Bill Pearson counsels individuals regarding their estate planning initiatives, including the avoidance and minimization of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes and advice pertaining to charitable planning. Bill also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries regarding the administration of estates, trusts and guardianships, as well as for disputed matters involving estates, trusts and guardianships.
Whether through litigation or discreet and tactical negotiation behind the scenes, Bill remains dedicated to finding the most efficient way to realize his client’s goals. Having practiced in this area for many years, Bill understands the personal nature of estate and wealth planning and the stress it can create for his clients.
In addition to his focus on providing the right legal advice for each client’s distinct situation, Bill goes out of his way to communicate clearly and be responsive to everyone around him. His unique knowledge of the tax and probate laws that permeate estate and wealth preservation matters is an advantage to those he serves.
Bill is a Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates attorney. He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in The Best Lawyers in America and The Best Attorneys in Florida by Showmark; Florida Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters; Best Attorneys in America; Florida’s Top Lawyers by the American Registry; and Top Southwest Florida Lawyers by Gulfshore Life.
Bill joined Gunster’s Private Wealth Services practice in 2023. He has practiced law in South Florida since 1988 (and in Naples since 1992) and was raised on Key Biscayne.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Estate and Probate, Thomson Reuters, as selected by peer nominations and evaluations
- Member of The Best Lawyers in America-Florida, by Showmark, as selected by peer recognition
- Member of Elite Lawyer as selected by peer nomination and advisory panel
- Member Lawyers of Distinction, Gulfshore Business, as selected based upon twelve independent criteria
- Top-Rated Lawyer, AVVO
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers, The American Registry
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, member
- Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, member Probate Law, Trust Law, and Trusts & Estates Litigation Committees; past Circuit Representative and Executive Council member; Tax Section, member
- Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts & Estates Attorney, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education; past Chair, Wills, Trusts & Estates Certification Committee
- Probate Rules Committee of Florida Supreme Court, past member
- Collier County Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section, Member, past Chair
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, member
- Planned Giving Council of Naples, member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Southwest Florida, past member
- Texas Bar Association, inactive member
- South Texas Law Journal, past technical editor
Civic & Community Service
- American Cancer Society
- Director, Naples Volunteer Leadership Board, past Chair
- Nationwide Gift Planning Advisor Council, past Chair and member
- Estate Planning Committee, Florida Division, past Chair and member
- Volunteer Leadership Institute, graduate
- Volunteer Engagement Committee, Florida Division, past chair and member
- Eckerd College Parent Council
- National Advisory Council, member
- Parent Council, past Chair and member
- Youth Haven Foundation, past Chair and Director
- Collier County Education Foundation, past Director