Beth Keating joined Gunster in 2010 as a shareholder in the firm’s Tallahassee office. Beth’s practice is focused on state administrative law. She provides legal counsel pertaining to federal and state regulatory laws, particularly as such regulation is applied to utility companies.
Beth’s experience includes the legal representation of and policy consultation for competitive telecommunications, cable and technology companies, as well as electric and natural gas utilities before state and federal agencies and the Florida Legislature. In her third decade of practice, Beth is dedicated to problem solving. She continuously strives to offer her clients the flexibility, responsiveness and results they need in order to succeed.
Prior to joining private practice, Beth worked as an attorney at the Florida Public Service Commission for more than a decade and in a variety of capacities. Her practical agency experience helps her to understand the issues at play from all angles of analysis. Because Beth has experienced personally how public agencies work, she can more easily synthesize how policies will be analyzed and interpreted from a staff perspective.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Energy Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Tallahassee, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Energy Law and Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2012-20
- Florida Bar, Government and Administrative Law Sections
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Florida co-chair, 2007-present
- Foundation for Leon County Schools, board of directors
- City of Tallahassee, Utility Citizens Advisory Committee
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class #37