Ed Tancer is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2011. He is the immediate past chair of the Education Foundation of Palm Beach County, on the board of directors executive committee for the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, and a past board member of the Palm Beach County chapter of the American Heart Association.
Ed spent more than two decades working with NextEra Energy and its subsidiary, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), as general counsel and senior vice-president of government affairs. He also served as president of NextEra Energy Transmission.
Having spent most of his career as in-house counsel, Ed’s clients appreciate that he understands, from personal experience, what they need in terms of outside legal support as well as understanding business issues. Ed is known for his ability to work in tandem with other counsel and as a true team player with his clients and their professional staff.
Ed now advises business clients regarding a variety of corporate matters, focusing on corporate governance, commercial transactions and general business counseling.
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, board of directors executive committee
- American Heart Association of Palm Beach County, past board member
- Education Foundation of Palm Beach County, immediate past chair
- Potentia Academy, board member
- Palm Beach County School
- Board member
- Budget advisory committee
- Bella’s Angels, past board chair