George S. LeMieux focuses his practice on resolving business, and governmental disputes, and advising CEOs and C-suite executives on business, law and government from a local, state and national perspective.
He advocates for clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as governmental agencies and regulatory bodies. He defends clients in enforcement matters brought by state attorneys general, advocates for clients in administrative law proceedings including bid protests, and counsels governmental bodies on public records and public meeting requirements. Because of his breadth of legal experience, his practice includes professional liability defense. He has successfully litigated intellectual property and business disputes to verdict. George also has experience leading internal investigations for corporate clients at the direction of management and boards of directors.
George served as Florida's 34th United States Senator in the 111th Congress. In the United States Senate, he served on the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, the Armed Services Committee, and the Special Committee on Aging. He successfully passed legislation on health care fraud, export promotion, rating agency reform, small business promotion, as well as a treaty resolution on tactical nuclear weapons.
George served as Florida's deputy attorney general overseeing more than 400 attorneys and appearing before appellate courts on behalf of the state of Florida, including the United States Supreme Court. George also served as the governor's chief of staff overseeing all state agencies and operations. In that role, he negotiated a gaming compact with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
George serves as the chairman of the board of Gunster law firm. He is the founder of the LeMieux Center for Public Policy at Palm Beach Atlantic University.
- Florida v. Nixon, 543 U.S. 175 (2004)
- State of Florida v. Wyndham, 869 So. 2d 592 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004)
- Tronzo v. Biomet, 236 F. 3d 1342 (Fed. Cir. 2001)
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Commercial Litigation, 2013-18
- “Economic and Tax Policy Outlook for Florida and U.S.,” Planned Giving Council of Broward, Fort Lauderdale, December 2014
- Florida Legislative and Executive Office discussions regarding “The State’s Gaming Policies and the Seminole Compact,” The Tower Forum, November 2013
- “Conversation on Florida Elections with Senator Bob Graham,” CountyLine TV WBEC, November 2013
- Panelist on health care reform, “History & Development of the Law and State Response to the Law and Future Costs,” JA World Huizenga Center, October 2013
- “Economic Outlook, the Political Climate and Current Tax and Planning Issues,” National Christian Foundation of South Florida, October 2013
- “Florida’s Economic Climate and How Rules and Regulations are Affecting the Florida Economy,” Planned Giving Council, September 2013
- LeMieux Center for Public Policy at Palm Beach Atlantic University, Founder
- Florida Tax Watch
- Board of Trustees, corporate treasurer
- Center for a Competitive Florida, chair
- Young Presidents Organization, Palm Beach
- Chapter chair
- Florida Council of 100
- Broward Workshop
- National Association Urban Debate Leagues, board member
- Goodwill of Broward County, former board member