Lou Nostro focuses his practice on estate planning, with an emphasis on implementing effective and efficient tax reduction strategies. He is board certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in both Taxation and Wills, Trusts & Estates, and is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
Lou serves on the board of trustees for the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law and is a founding board member and past chair of the Florida Tax Institute. He has been named as one of the “Top 100” estate planning attorneys in the nation by Worth magazine; and was named as a 2018 “Estate Planning Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers; and has been recognized by Florida Trend magazine, the South Florida Legal Guide and numerous other publications.
Lou is a frequent speaker on estate and philanthropic planning topics. He was an adjunct professor at the University of Miami College of Law for several years.
- Chambers High Net Worth Guide, Private Wealth Law: Florida, 2019-22
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Estate Planning “Lawyer of the Year” in Miami, 2018
- Tax Law, 2008-23
- Trusts & Estates, 2006-23
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-22
- “Top 100 Estate Planning Attorneys,” Worth Magazine, 2006
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Florida Fellows Institute, program chair, 2015-present
- Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Florida Tax Institute
- Founding board member and past chair
- University of Florida, Law Center Association, trustee, 2014-present
- Camillus House, board member, 2019
- Little Kids Rock, Florida advisory board, 2015-present
- Miami Lighthouse for the Blind, board member, 2015-present
- Chair, 2017-18
- Perez Art Museum of Miami, planned giving leadership committee, 2013-present
- Plymouth Congregational Church
- Pro bono attorney, 2005-present