Born and raised in Miami, Michael Green is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2011. He is a member of Gunster’s Business Litigation, Creditor Rights & Bankruptcy, and Intellectual Property Litigation practice groups. Michael is also a member of the firm’s Associate Mentoring Committee.
Michael practices in state and federal court and has experience in an array of civil litigation matters including brokerage commission disputes, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings (including adversary proceedings and bankruptcy appeals), homeowners’ and condominium association disputes, non-compete and restrictive covenant disputes, and property rights litigation.
In the area of intellectual property litigation, Michael’s experience includes prosecuting and defending misappropriation of trade secret claims, as well as matters involving the Vessel Hull Design Protection Act.
Michael has handled evidentiary injunction hearings, and litigated cases to conclusion including acting as the lead lawyer at both a jury and bench trial, and he has presented oral argument to the Third District Court of Appeal for the State of Florida.
Michael is also proficient with e-discovery issues, and he has devoted significant time to researching and analyzing the Stored Communications Act, and navigating the task of seeking and obtaining discovery from internet service providers like Google.
- In re National Litho, LLC, 2013 WL 2303786, 69 Collier Bankr. Cas. 2d 1439, 57 BCD 286 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2013)
- Skytruck Co., LLC v. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., 2013 WL5651741(M.D. Fla. Oct. 15, 2013)
- Skytruck Co., LLC v. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., 501 Fed. Appx. 879 (11th Cir. 2012)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2021-22
- Florida Trend, “Up & Comer,” 2019
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-21
- Distinction of honors in the University of Miami School of Law’s Pretrial Litigation Skills Program
- CALI “Excellence for the Future” award in Family Law
- University of Miami School of Law “Dean’s Merit Scholarship” recipient for 2009-10
- “C-Suite Fraud: The Roaring 2020s Threat to your Company”, presenter, ACC South Florida: 11th Annual CLE Conference, April 30, 2021
- “The Dreaded Preference Demand,” Association of Corporate Counsel South Florida Fall Newsletter, November 2019