Michael is a shareholder in the firm’s Real Estate Law practice.
Over his more than two decades of practice, Michael has focused primarily in the areas of business litigation and corporate law with a focus in real and intellectual property law. He is board certified in real property and a member of the Executive Council of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section of the Florida Bar. Additionally, Michael is registered as an attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Michael started his professional career with Milliken & Co., a global manufacturer of chemicals, composites, floor covering and performance materials. He served Milliken and Company as Plant Manager of several operating locations and as Director of Development of laminate composites. Following his career with Milliken and Company, Michael was V.P. of Operations of worldwide tier-one automotive suppliers and responsible for more than 2,000 employees.
Before deciding to leave the corporate world and transition into law, Michael gained direct experience in buying and selling companies and business units, making him uniquely qualified to overcome the complex legal challenges businesses face today.
Michael lives in Tampa with his wife, Holly, and their three children, Lora, William and Elizabeth. He and his family are parishioners of Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church in Tampa.
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, John Arthur Jones Annual Service Award Recipient, 2021-22
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate Law, 2013-present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-17
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2020-22
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Speaker, Annual Legislative Update:
- 2022 “Change is Coming! The Supreme Court Workgroup on Improved Resolution of Civil Cases”
- 2020 “Florida’s Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act: Off Ramp on the Partition Highway
- 2019 “Florida’s Adoption of the Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act”
- CLE “The Practical Aftermath of the Florida Supreme Court Hayslip Opinion: What “Touches & Concerns” the Land?,” 2022
- CLE “The Virtual Law Office” RPPTL Convention, 2021
- “Piercing the Homestead Veil” ActionLine Summer 2017, a publication of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, co-author
- Florida Bar Advanced Level CLE: “Piercing the Homestead Veil: Does New Case Law Expand Equitable Remedies Available to Creditors“ Course No. 2668R, May 17, 2017
- CLE “Landlords and Tenants in Bankruptcy” Landlord Tenant Law – Leases, Evictions, Litigation, and Settlements, Tampa Florida – Sterling Education Services, Inc., 2013, 2014
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, 2007-present
- Executive Council, 2017-present
- Chair, Ad Hoc Communications Committee
- Co-Chair, Ad Hoc Rules of Civil Procedure Committee
- Co-Vice Chair, Ad Hoc Hayslip Committee
- Real Property Problem Studies Committee
- Past Chair, Real Property Litigation Committee, 2018-22
- The Florida Bar, Business Law and Real Property Sections
- The Florida Land Title Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Sections