Stacie K. Townsend, an attorney in the firm’s Corporate and Technology & Entrepreneurial Companies practice groups, focuses her practice on helping businesses and business leaders from institutional clients to emerging or entrepreneurial companies. Specifically, Stacie works closely with C-suite decision makers on a range of legal and business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, complex business transactions, and day-to-day issues such as negotiating strategic agreements and relationships with various employees, customers, partners, vendors, and other key stakeholders.
Specifically, Stacie has experience negotiating multi-million dollar business deals, ranging from $1 million to $500 million, to successful closings for clients across all industries. She also assists entrepreneurial and technology companies with legal, strategic, and business issues specific to their respective companies.
Stacie graduated #1 in her class from the University of Iowa College of Law. In addition to her Juris Doctor degree, Stacie has a master’s degree in business administration. She focuses on using her business background to provide strategic and practical advice to clients. Stacie also strives to serve as a trusted advisor to clients, while aiming to produce quality work on a deadline.
Stacie is the Founder and CEO of The Pickler, LLC, a start-up, e-commerce brand promoting the sport of pickleball. She furthers her passion for the sport by serving as a board member for the USA Pickleball Association (USA Pickleball), advising on business strategy and policy.
She is actively engaged in her local community of West Palm Beach, Florida, as she serves as a board member for the Chamber of Commerce for the Palm Beaches and also participated in Leadership West Palm Beach.
Prior to her legal career, Stacie was the starting pitcher for the Great Britain National Softball Team, where she capped her career by being named to the All-World Team in 2012 (the year she retired from the sport).
- Order of the Coif
- John F. Murray Award (highest academic standing in graduating class)
- Willard L. Boyd Public Service Distinction Honors (100+ hours of community service)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence (highest grade in course): Contracts; Legal Analysis, Writing and Research I; Civil Procedure; Debt Transactions; Business Associations; Bankruptcy; Professional Responsibility; Title Exam and Selected Real Estate Transactions; Basic Federal Income Taxation; Administrative Law; Criminal Procedure: Investigation
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence (second highest grade in course): Property; Constitutional Law II; Trusts and Estates I
- Iowa Law Review, Managing Editor (Volume 99), Student Writer (Volume 98)
- “Preserving and Protecting Your Business,” Ocean Reef Chamber of Commerce, March 2, 2016
- “EU’s Highest Court Strikes Down ‘Safe Harbor’ Rule; Companies Doing Business Overseas Must Adjust,” Gunster Technology Alert, October 13, 2015
- “Heads Up: New State LLC Law is a Major Rewrite,” Daily Business Review, January 29, 2015
- “The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act Takes the Bite Out of Sarbanes-Oxley: Adding Corporate Governance to the Discussion,” 99 IOWA L. REV. 893 (2014)
- USA Pickleball Association (USAPA), board member, 2019
- Leadership West Palm Beach, Class of 2016
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, board of directors, 2018-present