Stacie Townsend is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate and Technology & Entrepreneurial Companies practice groups.
Stacie focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and other complex business transactions. Stacie also provides general strategic advice to businesses on a wide array of general corporate matters.
Stacie graduated at the top of her class from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2014. Prior to her legal career, Stacie was the starting pitcher for the Great Britain National Softball Team.
- Order of the Coif
- John F. Murray Award (highest academic standing in graduating class)
- Willard L. Boyd Public Service Distinction Honors (100+ hours of community service)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence (highest grade in course): Contracts; Legal Analysis, Writing and Research I; Civil Procedure; Debt Transactions; Business Associations; Bankruptcy; Professional Responsibility; Title Exam and Selected Real Estate Transactions; Basic Federal Income Taxation; Administrative Law; Criminal Procedure: Investigation
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence (second highest grade in course): Property; Constitutional Law II; Trusts and Estates I
- Iowa Law Review, Managing Editor (Volume 99), Student Writer (Volume 98)
- “Preserving and Protecting Your Business,” Ocean Reef Chamber of Commerce, March 2, 2016
- “EU’s Highest Court Strikes Down ‘Safe Harbor’ Rule; Companies Doing Business Overseas Must Adjust,” Gunster Technology Alert, October 13, 2015
- “Heads Up: New State LLC Law is a Major Rewrite,” Daily Business Review, January 29, 2015
- “The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act Takes the Bite Out of Sarbanes-Oxley: Adding Corporate Governance to the Discussion,” 99 IOWA L. REV. 893 (2014)
- Leadership West Palm Beach, Class of 2016
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, board of directors, 2018-present