Greg Schwinghammer is a shareholder who joined Gunster in 1996. Before his legal career, Greg was a cavalry officer in the U.S. Army, serving in Germany and Kuwait.
Greg’s practice involves complex business litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and toxic tort and environmental litigation. He represents clients throughout Florida and, when needed, around the country. Greg has tried cases at all levels — from local administrative hearings, to county court commercial evictions, to arbitration, to jury trials in circuit and federal courts.
Greg has represented Fortune 100 companies, venture capital and hedge fund firms, statewide and local businesses, and high net worth individuals in a wide array of disputes. His experience ranges from mass and toxic tort cases, consumer and employment class actions, complex business and breach of contract cases, labor and employment law claims, and bankruptcy litigation, to name only a few.
Since 2012, Greg has served on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 15th Judicial Circuit and previously served on the Grievance Committee for the same.
- Acreage Cases:
- Adinolfe v. UC, 22 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. D567 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Pinares v. UTC, 22 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. D564 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Cotromano v. UTC, 7 F. Supp. 3d 1253 (S. D. Fla. 2014)
- Pop’s Pancakes, Inc. v. NuCo2, Inc., 251 FRD 677, 21 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. D348 (S.D. Fla. 2008)
- Michnal v. Palm Coast Development, Inc., 904 So.2d 632, 30 Fla. L. Weekly D1564 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Tucker v. Hamilton Sundstrand Corp., Inc., 268 F.Supp.2d 1360, 16 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. D528 (S.D. Fla. 2003)
- Michnal v. Palm Coast Development, Inc., 842 So.2d 927, 28 Fla. L. Weekly D688 (Fla. 4th DCA 2003)
- Florida Bar board certified in business litigation
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2014-21
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2010-13, 2017-18
- Palm Beach Illustrated, "Top Lawyers," Business Litigation, 2019-20
- AV Preeminent Rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2004, 2005
- "Class Certification," Florida Conference of Circuit Judges 2019 Annual Education Program, speaker, August 2019
- “Employment Case Law Update: Recent U.S. Supreme Court and Eleventh Circuit Employment Cases,” Federal Bench Bar Conference, 2012
- “A Primer on Employment Discrimination Litigation,” Lorman Education Services, November 2000, 2001, 2003
- “Change: The Obama Administration’s Plans for Employment Law,” Gunster Employment Seminar, February 2009
- “Litigation Skills in Florida: Executions, Garnishment and Discovery in Aid of Execution,” Lorman Education Services, June 2000
- “Judgment Day — Start to Finish: Post-Judgment Remedies — Attachment, Garnishment and Post-Judgment Discovery,” Palm Beach County Bar Association, December 1999
- “Insurance Litigation in Florida: Declaratory Judgments and the Duty to Defend,” 50 U. Miami L. Rev. 945, 1996
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the 15th Judicial Circuit
- chair, 2015-present
- commissioner, 2012-20
- 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, 2014-17
- Federal Bench Bar Committee, 2010, 2012