H. William (Bill) Perry is CEO and managing shareholder of Gunster. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of the firm, Bill continues to practice real estate and business law, specializing in complex commercial and financial transactions.
As a practicing lawyer, Bill has worked on many large residential and commercial real estate projects throughout Florida. Specifically, Bill has worked on a variety of infrastructure projects that have helped shape South Florida, including power plants, airports and large residential communities. Bill has previously represented many of the key players in the construction and development industries and in the trade and logistics sector including real estate developers, contractors, shipping companies, railways, energy companies, aggregate suppliers and road contractors.
In his role as managing partner of Gunster, Bill is actively involved in a number of statewide and local organizations that are focused on making Florida the best it can be.
At a statewide level, Bill has been actively involved in leadership and strategic planning efforts throughout Florida. Beginning in 2010, as a member of the Florida Chamber Foundation, Bill has been involved with the initial launch of the statewide Six Pillar initiative and discussions on the critical issues affecting Florida’s future. In 2013, Bill also served as a steering committee member for the Florida Chamber’s Trade and Logistics Study, Part II, which will help guide the state’s infrastructure development in this sector that is so important to Florida’s future. Bill is also a member of the board of directors of Leadership Florida.
At a local level, Bill has been involved in leadership and strategic planning initiatives for the last 20 years. In 2011, Bill helped the Economic Council lead a Six Pillars Communities program, resulting in a comprehensive strategic plan for Palm Beach County. He was chair of the Economic Council of Palm Beach County in 2017 and remains involved. In 2013, Bill served as a member of the executive committee for the South Florida Regional Partnership, which developed a regional long term strategic plan (i.e., 7/50 Plan) for the seven coastal counties in the South Florida and the Treasure Coasts.
Additional civic and charitable organizations in which Bill has been involved include the Kravis Center and the United Way of Palm Beach County.
Bill has been listed among The Best Lawyers in America® (2009-2021), South Florida Business Journal’s “CEO of the Year” (2009) and The U.S. Legal 500 for real estate and construction transactions and finance in Florida. He has an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, an indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability. Bill was appointed to the 2013-2014 board of trustees at the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law.
Bill received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida. He received his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania and also studied at Kings College in London.
In his spare time, Bill is a competitive runner, a private pilot and an avid fisherman.
- Daily Business Review “Top Dealmaker of the Year,” Land, 2014
- AV Preeminent Rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida Business Journal, “Top 100 Power Leader,” 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2009-21
- South Florida Business Journal, “CEO of the Year,” 2009
- The US Legal 500, Real Estate and Construction: Florida: Transactions & Finance
- Education Foundation of Palm Beach County, Distinguished Alumni, 2012
- “Probate and Pumpernickel,” Palm Beach Atlantic University, Fort Lauderdale, December 2014
- Opinion of Counsel Seminar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1988
- “Real Property Case Law Update,” Twelfth Annual Legislative Update and Case Law Review, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, The Florida Bar, 1992
- “Default Provisions in Contracts for the Sale of Real Property,” Florida Bar Journal, 1987
- “Homebuilding Checkpoints,” Florida Real Estate Magazine, 1992
- Palm Beach Post Editorial on Six Pillars
- University of Florida Law Center Association, Inc., trustee, 2013-current
- The Florida Bar, since 1986
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, since 1986
- Florida Chamber Foundation
- Trustee, 2010-2017
- Trade and Logistic Study Steering Committee, 2013-14
- Leadership Florida, board member, 2014
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County
- Chair, 2017-2018
- Vice chair, 2014
- Chair of Governance Committee, 2013-14, 2020-21
- General counsel, 2010-12
- South Florida Regional Partnership, Executive Committee, 2013
- United Way of Palm Beach County, board member, 2011-13
- North Palm Beach Little League
- Coach, 1990-2004
- President, 1993-94
- Leadership Palm Beach County Class of 1996
- Florida Stage, trustee, 1998-2002
- Palm Beach Gardens Fireman Pension Fund, trustee, 1995-2000
- Easter Seals Get Down to Business Lunch
- Honorary chair, 2011-13
- Co-chair, 2008-10
- Kravis Center, Corporate Partners, 2010-current