Mario Garcia-Serra is a shareholder in the firm’s Environmental & Land Use practice group. He focuses his practice on local government law, particularly land use and zoning.
Mario represents major developers before local government boards and regulatory agencies. He has wide ranging experience with the governments of Miami-Dade County and with nearly all of the municipalities within Miami-Dade County, including the cities of Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, North Miami and Aventura, as well as regional agencies such as the South Florida Regional Planning Council and the South Florida Water Management District.
Mario has been involved in obtaining the necessary development approvals for major high rise residential condominium and rental projects, commercial and institutional buildings, single family residential developments and public/private projects. Mario is involved in local politics and has served as a campaign fundraiser for various local and state elected officials. Mario speaks Spanish.
- Approval and permitting of large scale real estate developments
- Negotiation and approval of development agreements with local governments
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Land Use & Zoning Law, 2020-22
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2016
- Chambers USA, Leaders in Their Field, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2012-13, 2020-21
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2009-16
- “The Enabling Law: The Demise of the Separation of Powers in Hugo Chavez’ Venezuela,” University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, Vol. 32, No. 2, Spring 2001
- American Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association