Deborah Madden is an attorney whose practice focuses on the area of environmental law.
Deborah represents a broad range of clients, including developers, agricultural interests and public and private companies.
Deborah has experience providing legal support to clients in permitting and litigation matters involving water resources, wetlands, water supply, state and federal listed species issues, mitigation banking, state submerged lands and coastal construction. She represents clients in court proceedings and before administrative law judges on a variety of environmental permitting, compliance and regulatory claims issues.
- Member of Gunster's environmental law practice ranked "Band 1" by Chambers USA, 2017
- "Public-Private Partnerships Can 'Bridge the Gap' to Resource Sustainability," The Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 92, No. 2, February 2018
- "Water quality credit trading," and "Wetland jurisdiction methodology: A state and federal update," Florida Environmental Network's Environmental Permitting Summer School, July 2017
- "Finding Certainty in the New World of Alternative Water Supply Sources," The Florida Bar Journal, co-author, September/October 2016
- "Special Course Series on Water Quality: Water Quality Credit Training," 30th annual Environmental Permitting School, Florida Chamber Foundation, July 2016
- "Wetlands Permitting and Mitigation: Federal Wetland Jurisdiction," 30th annual Environmental Permitting School, Florida Chamber Foundation, July 2016
- “Applicator Alert – Environmental Permitting, Compliance & Regulatory Current Issues,” South Florida Aquatic Plant Management Society Meeting, February 2015
- Florida Environmental Network, Inc. 28th Annual Environmental Permitting Summer School, “Federal Wetland Jurisdiction,” and “Planning for Sustainability 101," moderator, July 2015
- Florida Environmental Network, Inc. 28th Annual Environmental Permitting Summer School, “Federal Wetland Jurisdiction,” and “Planning for Sustainability 101”, moderator, July 2014
- Florida Environmental Network, Inc., 27th Annual Environmental Permitting Summer School, “Federal Wetland Jurisdiction,” July 2013
- Co-author, “How to Obtain a State Environmental Permit,” Treatise on Environmental and Land Use Law, Environmental and Land Use Law Section of the Florida Bar, June 2013
- Florida Law Review, 2010-2012
- Managing Editor, 2011
- UF Law Association for Women, 2010-12
- Florida Association of Environmental Professionals, 2005-09: 2012-16
- SW Chapter president, 2006-09
- Secretary, Board of Directors, 2016
- Society of Wetland Scientists, 2005-09
- American Water Resources Association