Beatriz Osorio is an associate in Gunster’s Immigration practice group.
As a member of the firm's Immigration team, Beatriz counsels multinationals, financial management and banking organizations, health care systems, technology companies, hotels/resorts, professionals and individual investors on a wide range of their immigration needs.
She is involved in the preparation of employment based nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, such as Investor Visa Applications, Professional/Specialty Occupation Petitions, Intracompany Transferee Petitions, Extraordinary Ability Petitions, Physician-Specific Immigration Applications/Petitions, Labor Certification Applications and Consular Visa Applications. She also participates in counseling employers regarding their compliance with U.S. immigration laws.
Beatriz has exclusively dedicated her career to practicing immigration law. In addition to business immigration matters, she also has experience handling family based petitions and removal matters.
As a Colombian native, Beatriz is fluent in Spanish and English, and frequently handles matters which are conducted and documented in Spanish. Her multi-cultural background adds depth to her understanding of the experiences of foreign nationals in the U.S. immigration processes.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- Book Awards: International Sales & Arbitration; Constitutional Law I, Civil Pre-Trial
- Moot Court Honor Society, board member and competitor
- “Employment-Based Visa Sponsorship for the Hospitality Industry: What you Need to Know," Gunster’s Immigration practice group presented to South Florida Hospitality Human Resources Association, February 2016
- “Visa Options for Residents, Interns and Physicians,” Gunster’s Immigration practice group presented to Memorial Healthcare System, S. Broward Hospital District, June 2015
- “Consideraciones Legales para Empresas e Inversionistas Mexicanos Sobre las Leyes de Inmigración de los Estados Unidos,” Sarah Lea Tobocman and Beatriz Osorio of Gunster presented in collaboration with Rodríguez-Rivero & Hurtado, Mexico City, July 2016.
- International Medical Graduate Taskforce, 2017-present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- CBP AILA South Florida Liaison committee, 2016-17
- AILA South Florida Business and Investment committee, 2015-16
- AILA South Florida Entertainment committee, co-chair, 2015-16
- Globalaw Leadership Program, 2016
- Cuban American Bar Association, 2012-14