Gunster is Florida’s law firm for business — and Florida’s business is international. Gunster’s International lawyers are Florida lawyers with a global reach. We offer our clients best-in-class legal counsel, an understanding of the complexities and risks of cross border dealings, and practical business experience. Our experience is as diverse as the Florida economy and the business coming into Florida and going out of the State. We represent clients moving goods, services, people and capital both outbound in search of non-US markets and inbound in search of the opportunities offered by Florida and the U.S. Many of our lawyers have earned Florida Bar certifications in international law and other specialties; have been featured in Chambers and Partners guides and Best Lawyers; and, have served as Chairs of the International Law Sections of the American Bar Association and of The Florida Bar. Members of our team are fluent in over ten languages and were either raised or lived outside the U.S.
Our team is experienced in advising on legal issues arising from Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Our clients and their legal matters hale from all over the world. Whether the matter involves immigration, tax, a business venture, a dispute with a private party or a government entity, a customs or sanctions issue, our team will have seen the same or similar issues in the past.
Gunster is a Florida law firm with worldwide connections. At home, our firm’s relationships extend to federal, state and municipal governments; other nations’ diplomats and consulates; trade commissions; economic development entities; and binational chambers of commerce, among others. Outside the U.S., our attorneys interface with U.S. consular officers and diplomats and the governments of other nations, as well as with those in our network of international professionals and contacts.
A Full-Service Firm Offering a Comprehensive List of Services. The firm offers a range of inbound and outbound legal services including:
- Business structuring, including joint ventures, partnerships, and offshore entity formation
- U.S. Customs, international free trade and double taxation treaty agreements
- Dispute resolution, including international arbitration before all major tribunals and U.S. federal and state courts
- International tax
- Real estate, including purchase, sale, development, financing, construction and leasing inside and outside the U.S.
- IT and Technology Ventures, including Fin Tech
- Distribution, licensing and franchising
- Private placements and other offshore securities offerings
- Mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and equity investments
- Private wealth planning and probate for nonresidents
- International banking transactions and regulatory matters
- U.S. compliance involving U.S. Customs, import and export controls, OFAC sanctions, anti-money laundering, CFIUS, TRIPS and the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act
- Internal investigations and defense of government investigations
- Creditors’ rights and bankruptcy
- Government relations and administrative law