Gunster’s M&A practice is committed to providing sophisticated, collaborative and value-added legal solutions to its clients. Ours is one of the few Florida-based M&A teams that offers national-caliber expertise, experience and pedigree.
Our M&A lawyers, with their diverse range of backgrounds, are able to more effectively and efficiently address any situation that may arise as we help shepherd transactions from initial vision through closing. Our M&A team is known for focusing on the issues that matter and for providing our clients with practical solutions. We strive to advance our clients’ objectives and get deals done without overlawyering.
Gunster represents strategic and financial buyers, sellers and financial intermediaries in all areas of M&A transactions. The firm advises on the structure of the business combination, such as a merger, sale of stock or assets or tender offer – including tax and regulatory issues and financing options.
Our Corporate attorneys provide M&A advice to companies of all types and sizes. The firm has counseled clients on thousands of transactions involving billions of dollars, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales of public and private companies
- Platform and add-on/bolt-on transactions by private equity firms and their portfolio companies
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Acquisitions and dispositions of assets
- Purchases and sales of both controlling and minority interests
- Cross-border transactions
- Corporate reorganizations and distressed company transactions
- Transactions between affiliated business entities, such as spin-offs/split-offs
We have experience across a range of industry and market sectors. This includes banking, business services, consumer products and services, construction, distribution/logistics, energy, education, financial services, healthcare, hospitality, industrials, insurance, legal, life sciences, manufacturing, real estate, restaurants, retail, sports and leisure, software as a service, technology, telecommunications, transportation and waste management.