Mahesh H. Nanwani is a shareholder who joined the firm in 1998. Mahesh practices in the areas of U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions law, securities law and international law, with an emphasis on cross border transactions with Asian businesses.
Mahesh counsels clients in corporate, securities and international matters and regularly structures, negotiates and closes complex corporate, securities and commercial transactions, including forward and reverse mergers, stock, equity and asset acquisitions, corporate spin-offs, corporate recapitalization, reorganization, restructuring and redemption transactions, joint ventures and strategic partnership transactions. Mahesh also represents issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders in corporate finance and securities matters.
Mahesh was born and raised in Japan, is fluent in Japanese and travels frequently to Japan and other Asian countries. He counsels Japanese and other Asian clients in connection with their investment and corporate activities, business transactions and joint ventures in the United States, and also assists U.S. clients in their business transactions, trade and distribution arrangements and joint ventures with foreign counterparts in the U.S. and abroad. A sampling of Mahesh’s clients include Makita Latin America, Inc., Pegasus Corporation of America and Pioneer International (Miami), Inc.
Mahesh is co-chair of the firm’s International Law practice group, and is the chairman of the firm’s Opinion Committee for corporate transaction opinions.
Mahesh speaks Japanese and Sindhi.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2013-24
- Daily Business Review, “Top Dealmakers,” 2007
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2004, 2008-14, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-07, 2013-23
- Journal of Law and Technology, Member
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- International Law Section
- The Beacon Council, International Advisory Committee
- Sindhi Association of Florida, former President
- South Florida Hindu Temple, Inc., Counsel
- TiE Florida (The Indus Entrepreneurs)