When the stakes are high, Gunster attorneys strive to deliver the best possible counsel and defense. Gunster’s White Collar Defense and Investigations attorneys advise and defend individual government officials and corporate executives, as well as privately-owned and publicly-traded companies and health care, banking, education and non-profit organizations on a broad range of sensitive criminal, business, investigative and regulatory matters.
Our attorneys believe that experience is everything when it comes to white collar defense and conducting investigations. Among our team members are former judges and lawyers who served in federal and state government positions, including in the United States Senate, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, and the Office of the Attorney General of Florida.
Our investigative service experience includes leading hundreds of grand jury investigations and working extensively through the years with international, federal and state criminal and administrative investigators.
Our white collar defense team includes:
- A former Florida Supreme Court Justice
- A former Deputy Attorney General of Florida
- A former member of the Southern District of Florida’s International Narcotics and Money Laundering Section, who served as a member of the United States Office of National Drug Control Policy’s High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) program task force
- A former member of Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida
- A former special prosecutor in the Office of Independent Counsel (OIC) (for matters involving Whitewater and Monica Lewinsky) who was an Ethics Advisor to the Office of the Counsel to President George W. Bush, and served the State of Florida as a Commissioner for the Florida Commission on Ethics from 2006 to 2008
Our white collar crime attorneys offer veteran investigative skill. Our lawyers conduct internal investigations for public and private corporations and audit committees on matters ranging from whistleblower complaints and allegations of executive improprieties to corporate governance and human resources best practices.
Over the course of an investigation, our lawyers develop an investigative work plan, analyze documentary and physical evidence, interview witnesses, and focus on providing an objective analysis to help clients readily assess their potential exposure, if any. Our team also advises on reputation management and analyzes potential remedial measures, including whether to self-report any problematic conduct discovered.
Gunster represents clients facing white collar claims before criminal, civil and administrative tribunals. Our attorneys work with a variety of clients on serious and complex claims that present significant economic exposure and potentially catastrophic penalties.
Our team has resolved challenges pertaining to regulatory compliance, grand jury proceedings, trial and appeal. Our team also represents witnesses subpoenaed by grand juries and state and federal prosecutors in criminal and regulatory matters.
Our attorneys are skilled in matters involving Civil Investigate Demands; the False Claims Act; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); state and federal healthcare regulations; and allegations of corporate and securities fraud; bank, wire and mail fraud; email fraud and computer crimes; tax and bankruptcy fraud; environmental crimes; domestic and international money laundering; violations of the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act and OFAC regulations; and the alleged victimization of children and vulnerable adults.