The Gold Coast Venture Capital Association, which connects investors, entrepreneurs and service providers in the South Florida tricounty region, holds an annual expo showcasing startups from around the state. In 2016, the event is being rebranded as Sup-X: The Startup Expo to target a national audience.
Sup-X (prounounced “Soup-X”) will feature workshops for entrepreneurs on topics critical to proving, scaling and financing their business ventures. A business plan competition and exhibition opportunities are available for entreprenuers. The GCVCA expects 1,500 to 2,000 Sup-X attendees in 2016. See the 2016 Sup-X brochure for a breakdown of attendees and sampling of investor attendees in previous years.
Sup-X will be held Feb. 16-17 in Fort Lauderdale.
The Feb. 16 tentative agenda includes
- Women’s entrepreneur/investor event forum, sponsored by Luminary Central
- Entrepreneur education forum, including the following workshops:
- From ideation to commercialization: Planning and executing go-to market strategies
- Friends, family, angels, crowds & sharks: Navigating the minefield of startup capital
- The ‘A’ team on a shoestring: Scaling for success while controlling your burn
Gunster is a proud sponser of the event. Gunster attorneys Bob White and David Bates are active in the GCVCA, and Bates currently acts as its chair. Both men lead Gunster’s technology and emerging companies law practice.