In early May, the Technology Foundation of the Americas hosted eMerge Americas, a large-scale technology conference for entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders, designed to showcase startups and the latest trends in technology driving growth and innovation in North and South America. The size, scope and popularity of this Miami event sent a strong message that South Florida’s reputation as a tech hub is clearly growing (see the May 6 Miami Herald article listed below).
In addition to being listed in Techweek100, Levy was also named chair of the legal committee for the eMerge Americas 2014 event. He led the group responsible for incorporating substantive legal considerations into the six summits featured at the 2014 event. Topics at the five-day Miami event included cloud computing, cybersecurity, mobility and big data.
Levy is a business and corporate attorney at Gunster who provides strategic counseling for U.S. and foreign-based corporations, technology enterprises and entrepreneurial ventures. Levy is former chair of the Florida Bar’s Computer & Technology Law Committee and former chair of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s Technology & Bioscience Committee.
Read related stories:
- eMerge Americas Techweek names region’s 100 tech influencers (South Florida Business Journal, 3/21/14)
- Kevin M. Levy – Tech100 (South Florida Business Journal, People on the Move, 4/7/14)
- eMerge Americas names local attorney to advisory role (South Florida Business Journal, 1/7/14)
- Gunster attorney to lead legal track of eMerge Americas technology summit in May 2014 (Gunster.com press release, 1/7/14)
- Entrepreneurs, tech moguls gather at Miami’s inaugural eMerge technology conference (Miami Herald, 5/6/14)
- eMerge tech summit comes to Miami Beach in May 2014 (Gunster.com event calendar, 5/2/14)