Jason Martell is an associate in Gunster’s West Palm Beach office, where he is a member of the firm’s Tax practice group. Jason is committed to leveraging his legal experience and accounting background to provide practical tax advice to his clients.
Jason received his J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law, where he graduated as the valedictorian of his class, and received his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Prior to law school, Jason also received his bachelor’s and master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, where he graduated cum laude.
While in law school, Jason served as an articles editor of the Georgia Law Review and was a research assistant in tax matters for Professor Gregg Polsky and torts class for Associate Provost Elizabeth Weeks. He later served as a student editor for the Florida Tax Review while at his LL.M. program. Prior to law school, Jason interned with a “Big Four” accounting firm in Atlanta as a financial services auditor.
- Book Awards: Corporate Taxation I, Corporate Taxation II, U.S. International Tax I, Torts, Civil Procedure, Property, Criminal Law, Legal Research I, Legal Writing I and II, Real Estate Transactions, Document Drafting: Contracts, and Life Cycle of a Corporation
- Law School Alumni Association Award for Highest Academic Average, Class of 2022
- John C. O’Byrne Award for Excellence in the Study of Taxation
- Richard E. Darby Accounting Scholarship recipient
- Florida Bar Association
- Tax Section, 2023-present