Shareholder John Terwilleger is a litigator who handles a variety of trial and appellate matters in both state and federal courts throughout Florida and in other states, including disputes regarding intellectual property and trade secrets, complex business issues, eminent domain & property rights, land use, contracts, professional services, insurance, and employment issues. John focuses on understanding the complexities of each unique situation to seek the best possible outcome in the most cost-effective manner.
John is a frequent author, primarily addressing issues involving autonomous vehicles, professional liability, and intellectual property.
- “W.D. Macdonald Prize,” awarded to student who graduates with the highest grade point average
- “Irving C. Cypen Freshman Achievement Award”
- Jessup International Moot Court, president
- Florida Law Review
- Book Awards: Contracts, Property, Civil Procedure, Estates & Trusts, Jessup International Moot Court, Remedies
“The Federal Government’s Guidance on Autonomous Vehicles — Multiple Agencies Are Involved,” The Transportation Lawyer, April 2020
- “To Use Prospective Customers as Legitimate Business Interests, a Business Should Focus on Resources and Relationships,” Law.com, March 1, 2018
- “Proposed Legislation Brings Fla. Autonomous Vehicle Law Closer to Federal Guidance,” Law.com, February 1, 2018
- “Accelerating Progress: State Laws Governing Autonomous Vehicles,” JURIST – Hotline, Dec. 29, 2016
- “How Florida became the most important U.S. state in the race to legalize self-driving cars,” (quoted) Quartz, Sept. 20, 2016
- “Navigating the Road Ahead: Florida’s Autonomous Vehicle Statute and Its Effect on Liability,” Florida Bar Journal, July/August, 2015.
- “Antitrust Concerns in Teaming Agreements,” ABA Public Contract Law Section’s Committee on Subcontracting, Teaming Agreements and Strategic Alliances, April 2015
- “Fla. Teaming Agreements Must Balance Exclusivity,” Law360, March 3, 2015
- “Can a Professional Limit Liability Contractually Under Florida Law?” Florida Law Review, July 2013
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Globalaw: The International Law Group
- ABA Forum on Air & Space Law
- Space Law committee