Samuel J. Ciulla is an associate in Gunster’s Real Estate practice. He focuses on providing clients with detailed and thorough guidance throughout various real estate transactions. Through his commitment to understanding his clients’ objectives, Samuel brings a comprehensive approach to achieving a pinpointed goal for each specific matter.
Samuel graduated as valedictorian, summa cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law, achieving the highest grade designation in ten of his classes. Ultimately, he served as executive editor of the Stetson Law Review, where he managed the student article writing process and conducted both initial and final reviews of all articles being published through the journal. His peers acknowledged him for his leadership and diligence by awarding him the Outstanding Editor Award and the Leadership Award in Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, respectively. His work on regulatory takings was also published in Stetson Law Review as a student author. Samuel’s skill in oral advocacy was exhibited in the Spring 2021 Freeborn & Peters First-Year Appellate Advocacy Competition, earning the runner-up position.
During law school, Samuel gained experience in federal court while interning with the Middle District of Florida for the Honorable Judge William Jung. Samuel also served as a research assistant for Stetson’s Institute for Biodiversity Law and Policy, focusing on wetland mitigation banking, and a teaching assistant for construction law. He was also a member of Phi Delta Phi, the oldest legal honors society in North America.
A University Honors Scholar from Southeastern University, Samuel graduated with a bachelor of science degree in legal studies, summa cum laude, achieving the Most Outstanding Legal Studies Graduate Award in his graduating semester. He currently serves the community through his standing as a longtime volunteer at Odessa Christian School.
- Valedictorian, Stetson University College of Law, Spring 2023
- Outstanding Editor Award, Stetson Law Review, Fall 2022
- Leadership Award, Stetson Law Review, Spring 2023
- Runner-Up Best Oralist, Freeborn & Peters First-Year Appellate Advocacy Competition, Spring 2021
- “Induction Ceremony for New Applicants to the Florida Bar,” Response on Behalf of New Lawyers, Florida Second District Court of Appeals, October 2023
- “Putting a Moratorium on Moratoria: Avoiding an Unlawful Regulatory taking While Preserving Safe Rental Housing During a National Crisis,” 52 Stetson Law Review 507, 2023
- Odessa Christian School, 2016-present