Tim Danninger joined Gunster in 2011. Tim’s practice is focused on commercial litigation, including the resolution of complex business disputes, real estate, construction, intellectual property and tort litigation claims. In addition, Tim co-chair’s Gunster’s Insurance practice. Tim’s experience has included the defense of billions of dollars of assets while also securing multi-million dollar settlements and awards for his clients.
Tim advises large and small companies alike at all stages of the litigation and dispute resolution process. Along with trial and courtroom experience, Tim is also involved in arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He has represented a variety of corporate and industrial clients appearing before a number of state and federal courts. In addition, Tim has decades of experience working, both with and against, experts from a broad array of scientific disciplines.
Tim is committed to providing an objective analysis of each claim at the onset of the matter. Tim does not believe one solution works for every client and is, therefore, dedicated to developing legal strategies that are unique to each client he serves. He strives to understand every client’s specific objectives by learning as much as possible about their business and industry. Tim favors productive communication and, where appropriate, strategic compromise designed to mitigate loss and leverage advantage.
Tim’s personable nature aids him in resolving even the most complicated, high-stakes and/or acrimonious disputes. If trial becomes necessary, he advocates his client’s position before judges, juries and arbitrators alike. Tim strives to remain a “generalist” in his practice and knowledge base. As a result, he has been involved in a wide variety of claims, ranging from a billion dollar construction defect cases, to wrongful death and bad faith insurance litigation, to toxic tort ligation, to bankruptcy litigation, among other examples. This generalist experience has served Tim well and contributes to his commitment to delivering multi-dimensional advice to his clients.
Tim advises attorneys and clients alike regarding the ins and outs of insurance coverage matters, and is also involved in designing strategies aimed at resolving claims expeditiously, as well as advocates his client’s position in litigation in order to secure coverage when necessary. Over the years, Tim has also developed a practice in conducting internal investigations for a variety of clients involving potential liabilities, employment issues, governmental affairs and insurance and legacy risk matters. Highly analytical, Tim’s goal is to leave no stone unturned while adjusting strategy as new information arises.
- Served as lead counsel for plaintiff Continental Financial Services, LLC in a $5.8 million jury verdict regarding a contract dispute with Comcast
- Represented the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor of a 790-MW coal-fired power plant in bringing and defending claims against its primary subcontractor, as well as a secondary subcontractor, in arbitration
- Represented a professional sports franchise team in its bankruptcy and related contested sale process and attempted relocation
- Defended former NYSE company at trial in an adversary action brought by its distributor of LCD and LCD-related products
- Represented a beverage supplies manufacturer in claims by and against a distributor for breach of contract and fraud
- Represented hotel owner in corporate dispute
- Represented two members of limited liability company in dispute with third member and attempted buy out
- Represented lender in commercial foreclosure
- Defended a former zinc smelting operation against toxic tort claims arising out of alleged exposure to arsenic, cadmium and lead
- Defended a commercial land developer against fraud and breach of contract claims arising from a failed purchase
- Defended product defect claims made against a rental company of personal watercraft vehicles
- Represented companies in a wide range of litigation including casualty, product liability, personal injury and bad faith insurance disputes
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” Commercial Litigation, 2019-20
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter, president
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee 4B, past-chair