Darcie R. Lavac is an eDiscovery Technology Coordinator with decades of experience in information technology, eDiscovery, business and finance within the legal industry and litigation vendors.
Darcie believes strong professional relationships create a solid foundation that lends to solution-based results. She leverages eDiscovery to help bridge the gap between traditional business methods and new technologies; automating processes is imperative for success with case teams to make informed, time-sensitive decisions. At the same time, we have a moral responsibility to understand the risks and benefits of this technology.
Darcie has extensive experience across multiple eDiscovery platforms and holds various certifications, some including Relativity, Reveal-Brainspace, I-Pro, Xera, Concordance, iConect, CaseLogistix, Summation, LAW, Equivio, WestLive Note, Omega Legal Systems, QuickBooks, and many other technology-driven applications surrounding eDiscovery.
Prior to joining Gunster, Darcie worked within law firms focused on products liability, automotive and various business litigation matters. Most recently she worked as the Director of Hosted Services at an eDiscovery litigation vendor; there she handled database management, technology implementations, review team workflows and project management. In her positions, Darcie has acted as the liaison between business organization and technical administration requirements along with facilitating billing workflows with their internal accounting software to assist on monthly invoicing and employee time management.
- Women in eDiscovery Austin Chapter, 2008-present
- Stellar Women, 2012-present
- (ARCH) Homeless Shelter volunteer with CTW, assisted with food prep/serving, 2003-08
- Collection programs with Bowman & Brooke surrounding Austin Pets Alive and Austin Orphanages, 2011-12
- Community garden volunteer, It’s About Thyme, 2017 (closed 2018)
- Meadow Woods neighborhood community, various volunteer work, 2012-23