Vera Long joined Gunster in 1980 as a paralegal in the firm’s Private Wealth Services practice. She is a Florida Registered Paralegal, an Advanced Certified Paralegal in Probate and Estate Administration, as well as a Certified Financial Planner.
Vera is experienced in all phases of sophisticated estate and trust administration with an emphasis on estate and gift taxation, fiduciary accounting and income taxation, and comprehensive financial analyses for estate planning and administration matters.
As a paralegal manager, Vera is responsible for mentoring the Private Wealth Services paralegals. She assists in their training and development regarding the more complex aspects of estate and trust administration and taxation.
- NALA, “Outstanding Contribution to Affiliated Association,” 2003
- Legal Assistant Today “Paralegal of the Year,” 2004 nominee
- “Effective Use of Paralegals,” webinar, ABA- Real Property/Trust & Estate Law Section
- Estate Planning/Administration Institute, NALA, instructor
- Paralegal CP Study Group, Probate Section, instructor
- “Estate Tax,” Paralegal Program, South College, instructor
- “Paralegal Bridge-the-Gap,” Probate Section, instructor
- Florida Bar, paralegal member, 2008-present
- Florida Registered Paralegal Program Standing Committee, 2008-10
- National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc.
- Advanced Paralegal Certification Board, 2006-14
- Chair, 2008-09
- Board of directors, member, 2008-09
- Certifying Board, 2003-06
- Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc., president, 2000-01
- Palm Beach County Chapter, president, 1996-98
- Palm Beach State College Paralegal Program, Business Partnership Council, 1999-present