Join us on January 31st at 8:30 am in West Palm Beach for breakfast and a timely discussion: “Compensation & Governance: Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” Both compensation and governance are currently two of the hottest issues in corporate America and will provide an excellent discussion for attendees. CLE Credit will be available.
Participants who attend will have the opportunity to engage with legal and risk management professionals to discuss a variety of topics that relate to both privately owned and publicly traded companies. Topics include:
- Why governance matters for private as well as public companies
- Best practices in setting compensation; what “performance-based” compensation really means
- Selecting the compensation and governance programs that are right for your company
- Increasing board diversity, change in control and related tax ramifications and restrictive covenants
- Liability, fiduciary duties and responsibilities and what you can do about them
- D&O coverage in the #MeToo era, insurance marketplace, trends in indemnification
Representatives from both Gunster and Aon will present, including Tom Hickey, Bob Lamm, Kathleen Murphy, and Logan Kanai.
Gunster corporate law attorney Tom Hickey devotes his practice to representing companies and senior management in executive compensation matters. In addition to representing numerous CEOs, presidents and other senior management, his experience includes legal counsel pertaining to labor and employment affairs and general business matters. Hickey has extensive trial and appellate experience at all levels of federal and state courts, as well as being a certified mediator in Florida and New York.
Bob Lamm chairs the firm’s securities and corporate governance practice. His previous experience includes assistant general counsel and assistant secretary of Pfizer as well as senior legal positions at W. R. Grace, CA Technologies, and Financial Guaranty Insurance Company. He also has extensive experience with small and mid-cap companies, as well as nonprofit entities. Lamm frequently speaks and writes on securities law, corporate governance and related topics, including the “Bob’s Upticks” column on Gunster’s Securities Edge blog, and he serves on the board of editors of The Corporate Counselor.
Registration is free; however, seating is limited. To attend, please RSVP.