Tom Hickey devotes his practice to representing companies and senior management in executive compensation matters.
This experience includes contract negotiations, as well as the drafting of executive compensation and benefit plans, shareholder agreements, employment and separation agreements.
In addition to representing numerous CEOs, presidents and other senior management, his experience includes legal counsel pertaining to labor and employment affairs and general business matters. Tom represents a diverse clientele of publicly and privately held companies including retail companies, securities firms, insurance and health care companies, private equity firms, construction, real estate and development companies, publishing companies, colleges and universities, executive recruiting firms and domestic and foreign banks.
Tom has extensive trial and appellate experience at all levels of federal and state courts, as well as being a certified mediator in Florida and New York.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2015-17
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- "Culture, Compensation and Governance: Critical Components to Every Company's DNA, Whether Public, Private, or Nonprofit," speaker, Gunster, April 26, 2017
- "Executive Compensation 2017: Avoiding traps and pitfalls in a complex environment," J.P. Morgan Private Bank event, Boca Raton, FL, December 2016
- "Bank Executive Compensation and Employee Retention: Get It Right or Forget Doing a Bank Merger," Florida Bankers' Association annual meeting, Miami Beach, FL, June 2016
- “Where the Rubber Meets the Road,” executive compensation / corporate governance presentation, private Gunster event, Miami, FL, April 21, 2016
- Employment & Labor Law Forum, Cambridge Forums, Chicago, IL, June 2015
- "A Conversation on Compensation and Corporate Governance," Jacksonville, FL, June 2015
- Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- Circut Court Certified Mediator
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel, 1st Judicial District
- Panel of Arbitrators, 9th Judicial District, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Florida Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Independent Group Home Living, advisory board
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, member