UPDATE 5/25/17: Photo from event added below
Please join Gunster’s immigration law practice for an informative seminar on the U.S. physician immigration system and its impact on international medical graduates after completion of U.S. graduate medical training.
The featured speaker will be Gunster immigration attorney Beatriz Osorio and the topics will include:
- Latest developments in U.S. business immigration under the Trump Administration
- Important timing considerations regarding the J-1 and H-1B visa classifications during U.S. graduate medical training
- Applicable waivers for the J-1 home residency requirement
- Nonimmigrant visas pertaining to clinical positions in the U.S. after graduate medical training, including H-1B and O-1; and
- The immigrant green card process, including PERM and physician national interest waivers
Osorio is involved in the preparation of employment based nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, such as investor visa applications, professional/specialty occupation petitions, intracompany transferee petitions, extraordinary ability petitions, physician-specific immigration applications/petitions, labor certification applications and consular visa applications. She also participates in counseling employers regarding their compliance with U.S. immigration laws. Osorio is an associate in Gunster’s Miami office.