Corporate law adviser Lina Angelici is a transactional attorney representing public and private companies in various corporate, securities, M&A and capital market transactions including: initial and follow-on public offerings, shelf registrations and takedowns, venture capital and other private placements, rights offerings, exchange offers, tender offers and spin-offs.
Lina is experienced in the full range of securities disclosure, compliance and corporate governance matters, with a focus on assisting clients in meeting their day-to-day public reporting and compliance challenges. Her experience includes: preparing and reviewing SEC registration statements and annual and special meeting proxy statements; reviewing and advising on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K; reviewing drafts of quarterly earnings releases and investor presentations; developing and advising on compliance with insider trading policies; developing corporate governance guidelines and board committee charters; assisting with board and committee compliance matters and fulfilling board and committee responsibilities; advising on beneficial ownership (schedule 13D/G) and short-swing profits (Forms 3, 4, and 5) reporting and compliance; and drafting no-action and exemptive letter requests to the SEC staff, including requests related to shareholder proposals.
Lina strives to work together with corporate clients on their SEC filings and compliance matters and to understand their business. She also focuses on complex issues that require analyzing and understanding the potential implications. Lina’s goal is to use her technical knowledge and provide practical advice to help clients reach their business objectives efficiently and on time.
- As vice president and corporate counsel of a leading global timeshare company:
- The underwritten selling stockholder offering by a Chinese conglomerate/global Fortune 500 company in connection with its disposition of its $1.1 billion equity ownership.
- A Rule 144A/Regulation S $350 million AAA-rated securitization of the company’s vacation ownership loans.
- The refinance and increase in the capacity of the company’s credit facility to $1 billion from $400 million.
- As vice president and securities counsel of a leading private investment management firm providing global real estate and alternative investment opportunities:
- A $3 billion best efforts initial offering and a $1 billion follow on offering by a publicly registered, nontraded REIT focused on the seniors housing and healthcare sectors.
- A $3 billion best efforts initial offering, and a $200 million follow on offering by a publicly registered, nontraded REIT focused on the multifamily development sector.
- A $97.3 million asset sale by a publicly registered, nontraded REIT focused on commercial office, retail and industrial properties internationally and in the United States.
- The organization and the $2.6 billion best efforts offering of a publicly registered, nontraded business development company that invests in the debt of privately owned American companies.
- The $250 million sale of one of the leading carriers in the bulk trucking industry to an American private equity firm that specializes in leveraged buyout transactions and purchases of distressed securities involving corporate restructuring, special situations, and industry consolidations.
- The sale of a software development company to an American private equity and venture capital firm focused on financing and forwarding software and technology-enabled startup businesses.
- Various preferred stock, convertible note and venture capital financings by startups.
- “Strategically Overseeing Your Business During COVID: A Financial, Operational, and Legal Outlook,” presenter, Financial Executives International Tampa Bay Chapter Webinar, July 24, 2020
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Brandon Chamber of Commerce
- Veterans Stride Foundation at the International Institute of Orthotics & Prosethics, board of directors, 2015–present