Bruce Lamb is a shareholder and head of Gunster’s Health Care practice. Bruce is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice. He is focused on the representation of health care industry professionals and entities before regulatory bodies and in structuring commercial relationships that meet complex regulatory requirements. Bruce also has experience in health care litigation for physicians and other health care providers involved in disputes with various government agencies.
Bruce serves organizations and individuals who provide, arrange and/or pay for health care services, including multi-state and multi-hospital systems, medical centers and specialty hospitals, long term care facilities and community hospitals, among others. Bruce also represents physicians ranging from sole practitioners and small group practices, to multi-specialty groups and university affiliated practices. In addition, Brue represents other health care providers and suppliers, including diagnostic testing facilities, ambulatory surgery and imaging centers, home health agencies, assisted living and long term care facilities, clinical laboratories and medical equipment companies, as well as HMOs and managed care plans.
Bruce has resolved literally thousands of health care related challenges over his decades of practice. His approach to delivering comprehensive legal counsel is, first and foremost, client focused. Bruce strives to consistently provide responsive, timely and economic advice that is grounded in his personal commitment to actively listening to his clients’ objectives and concerns. A collaborator and team player, Bruce seeks to design business and legal solutions in accordance with the health care industry’s complex regulatory requirements. He is dedicated to monitoring and analyzing developments in health care law, and educates his clients on emerging legislation and trends that effect their organization.
Prior to joining Gunster, Bruce served 10 years with the Florida Department of Professional Regulation in such capacities as general counsel, director of the division of regulation, chief medical attorney and chief trial attorney. As a result, Bruce knows from personal experience how the regulatory environment of the health care industry is monitored and enforced.
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Chambers & Partners, Leaders in Their Field, Healthcare, 2011-17
- The Best Laywers in America®, Health Care Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Tampa, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Health Care Law, 2009-17
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2004-17; Hall of Fame since 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-17
- Tampa Health Care Law Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2012
- Florida Bar
- Administrative Law Section, Executive Council
- Health Law Section, Executive Council, former chair
- Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, past chair
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Professional Liability Committee
- Tampa Downtown Partnership, board of directors, 2016-17