Stephanie Quiñones is a member of the firm’s Corporate and Technology & Entrepreneurial Companies Practice Group.
Stephanie regularly counsels entrepreneurs and in-house counsel with business, technology, IP licensing, Internet/social media and privacy issues. Additionally, Stephanie’s practice focuses on providing general strategic advice to businesses in all stages of the business cycle, including drafting and negotiating a broad array of commercial agreements and assisting emerging growth and entrepreneurial companies raise capital.
Stephanie also has a wealth of experience with the representation of domestic and multinational financial organizations (including banks, broker dealers, money services businesses and other financial institutions) on a broad range of business, licensing, regulatory and compliance matters, including those relating to financial privacy, consumer protection, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), anti-money laundering, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and virtual/digital currencies (including Bitcoin).
Stephanie speaks Spanish.
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2017-19
- Florida State University College of Law, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2012
- Book Awards: Securities Regulation, Contracts, Legal Writing & Research II, Corporations, Evidence, Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Professional Responsibility
- "Don’t SaaS me: Key areas of negotiation in software as a service agreements," author, Daily Business Review, March 14, 2019
- "Keeping your trade secrets safe: When NDAs can backfire," Gunster blog, May 2016
- “Cybersecurity: An Integral Approach” webinar, co-presented with Marcum LLP, April 21, 2016
- "No more secret identities: Broker-dealers may soon be required to identify beneficial owners of legal entity customers," The Securities Edge, October 2014
- “FATCA: What It Is, and Why It May Apply to Your Business,” The Securities Edge, May 2014
- “Uniform Fiduciary Standard for Broker-Dealers: An Update,” The Securities Edge, March 2014
- Phi Alpha Delta, 2011
- Women’s Law Symposium, Florida State College of Law