Stephanie Quinones is a shareholder in the firm’s Corporate and Technology & Entrepreneurial Companies practices.
She regularly counsels entrepreneurs and in-house counsel on business contracting, technology and intellectual property (IP) licensing, and Internet/social media and privacy issues. Stephanie provides strategic advice to businesses in all stages of the business cycle, including structuring and restructuring, raising capital, day-to-day operations, and purchase and sale transactions.
Stephanie’s goal is to advise on legal issues confronting clients on a daily basis. She strives to define clients’ business problems and identify practical solutions.
Stephanie’s representative clients include start-ups and emerging growth companies, technology companies (SaaS providers and IP licensors and licensees), middle market companies, and product distributors.
Stephanie is also part of the firm’s International Concierge team, which provides families and individuals the range of legal services needed to transition to the U.S., including immigration, international tax and estate planning, corporate, real estate and international dispute resolution advice and counsel.
Stephanie graduated summa cum laude from Florida State University College of Law.
A member of The Nova Southeastern University Athletics Hall of Fame for women’s soccer, Stephanie ranks among the program’s leaders in both career assists and points.
Stephanie is conversant in Spanish.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, “Ones to Watch”, Corporate Law, 2021-22
- Boca Raton Observer, “Top Lawyers,” 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-22
- Florida State University College of Law, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2012
- Book Awards: Securities Regulation, Contracts, Legal Writing & Research II, Corporations, Evidence, Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Professional Responsibility
Publications & Presentations
- “C-Suite Fraud: The Roaring 2020s Threat to your Company”, presenter, ACC South Florida: 11th Annual CLE Conference, April 30, 2021
- “Rise of the Machines; Pitfalls in App Development,” presenter, American Bar Association, September 26, 2019
- “Don’t SaaS me: Key areas of negotiation in software as service agreements,” author, American Bar Association, Business Visions Newsletter, May 2019
- “Don’t SaaS me: Key areas of negotiation in software as a service agreements,” author, Daily Business Review, March 14, 2019
- “Keeping your trade secrets safe: When NDAs can backfire,” Gunster blog, May 2016
- “Cybersecurity: An Integral Approach” webinar, co-presented with Marcum LLP, April 21, 2016
- “No more secret identities: Broker-dealers may soon be required to identify beneficial owners of legal entity customers,” The Securities Edge, October 2014
- “FATCA: What It Is, and Why It May Apply to Your Business,” The Securities Edge, May 2014
- “Uniform Fiduciary Standard for Broker-Dealers: An Update,” The Securities Edge, March 2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association, Business Law Section, co-chair, 2020
- Phi Alpha Delta, 2011
- Women’s Law Symposium, Florida State College of Law