Gunster is again proud to present the fourth annual Florida’s Women in Energy Leadership Forum on December 4-6, 2019, in St. Petersburg, Florida. The 2019 theme will focus on “Champions in Energy” as the Forum seeks to inform, inspire, and motivate across the energy industry.
In 2015, former chair of the Florida Public Service Commission and Gunster regional managing shareholder Lila Jaber, launched the annual Florida’s Women in Energy Leadership Forum (FWELF) to celebrate the success women leaders in the energy industry have demonstrated in growing Florida’s economy and diversifying an already tremendous workforce.
Now, in the Forum’s fourth year, the commitment to highlighting women leaders in this industry and exploring topics of mutual importance to all stakeholders continues.
The 2019 Forum will feature keynote speakers:
- Nancy Towers, President of Tampa Electric Company
- Marlene Santos, President of Gulf Power Company
- Gary Clark, Chairman-Elect of Florida Public Service Commission
- Catherine Stempien, President of Duke Energy
- Rob Bennett, President of Emera Technologies
In addition to these keynote speakers, the following members of Gunster will participate in various programs throughout the Forum:
- Shareholder Greg Munson will facilitate the Tour of Southwest Water Reclamation Facility on December 4.
- Shareholder Bill Schifino will introduce the workshop “Be A Champion for Yourself & Others: Communicate Your V.A.L.U.E. Be Powerful, Be YOU, Have Impact” on December 4.
- Shareholder Luna Phillips will moderate the panel discussion “Champions in Environmental Leadership” on December 5.
- Government affairs consultant Ronald Brisé will moderate the panel discussion “Leading the Way in Solar” on December 5.
- On December 5, shareholder Beth Keating will introduce the fireside chat “Spending Time With…” and it will be led by former U.S. Senator and Gunster chairman George S. LeMieux.
- Shareholder Ed Tancer will moderate the panel discussion “Ri$k and Reward: What it Mean$ to be a Champion in Energy on December 6.
Join the conversation on social media by following @FLWomenInEnergy on Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to tag your photos and updates from the Forum using these hashtags #FWELF2019, #ChampionsInEnergy, and #WomenInEnergy.