Bob White is a shareholder who leads the firm’s Technology & Emerging Companies law practice.
He regularly advises business entities, entrepreneurs and executives in matters involving business and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, business and strategic planning, corporate growth strategies, business contracts, corporate finance, venture capital and angel financing, technology law, securities law and corporate governance.
Bob’s honors include selection by his peers, since 2007, as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” for corporate and technology law and designation in 2013-14 as a “Super Lawyer." He frequently gives lectures and presentations on a wide variety of business and technology topics, and regularly publishes blog posts on securities law, corporate finance and technology topics.
Prior to joining the firm, Bob served as the chief legal officer of a prominent local technology accelerator and was a partner in a major national law firm.
Gunster's VentureBuzz is where you'll find the latest Florida tech, startup news & events for entrepreneurs & investors. Sign up now to receive future VentureBuzz alerts by email.
- Structured, negotiated and documented mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in a wide variety of industries
- Structured, negotiated and documented complex corporate restructuring and recapitalization transactions (non-bankruptcy)
- Provided strategic planning advice to fast growing and innovative companies in a wide variety of industries
- Advised fast growing and innovative companies in a wide variety of industries on effective growth management and strategies
- Structured, negotiated and documented buyouts of equity holders
- Prepared and negotiated investment documents for venture capital and angel investment transactions
- Prepared stock option plans, phantom stock plans and other equity incentive plan documents
- Prepared employment and consulting agreements
- Advised technology and nontechnology companies on licensing agreements and transactions
- Negotiated and drafted technology contracts
- Negotiated and drafted non-competition and confidentiality agreements
- Negotiated and drafted software licensing and development agreements
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2013-14
- University of Miami Law Review
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate & Technology Law, 2007-17
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” Business Law, 2010-13, 2017
- “Effectiveness Lessons from Startup Boards,” Agenda, August 1, 2016
- Panel Moderator, “Private Equity and Venture Capital Financing in Broward County,” Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance Governor Council, September 2014
- Subject Matter Expert (Legal), Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance Economic Gardening Program – Executive Roundtable, most recently May 2014
- Speaker and panel moderator on various Florida corporate growth topics, Executives for Florida Growth, most recently April 2014
- Panelist, “Tech Florida and Venture Capital/Angel Activity, Entrepreneurship in Action,” Commercial Finance Association, September 2012
- Panel moderator “Venture Capital Term Sheets, Perspectives and Considerations,” Gold Coast Venture Capital Association, July 2012
- Speaker, corporate and mergers and acquisition topics, “The Impending Tax Storm,” June 2012
- Lecturer on “The Venture Capital Term Sheet – Provisions and Considerations,” Florida Atlantic University Business School Executive MBA Program, March 2012
- Presented Webinar, “How to Capitalize on Social Networking as a Lawyer in 2011 – The Best Ways to Use Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter,” 2011
- Lecturer, University of San Francisco Internet Marketing Online Program, gave lectures as part of the University’s online technology training program, including the legal aspects of Internet and affiliate marketing, search engine optimization, CAN-SPAM, database security and protection, international Internet marketing and e-commerce issues, spamming issues, net neutrality, FCC and FTC issues, as well as mobile marketing, advertising and privacy issues, 2009-10
- Bob is an editor and regular contributor to The Securities Edge, the securities and corporate governance blog focused on securities law topics of interest to executives of middle market companies and their advisors
- He is also a regular contributor to Gunster Blog and BoardroomBrief.com.
- “Preparation, Analysis Can Safeguard Businesses When Cloud Computing,” Daily Business Review, October 2011
- Co-authored the “Appraisal Rights” chapter of the Florida Corporate Practice Manual, Fifth Edition, published by the Florida Bar
- Association for Corporate Growth (South Florida Chapter)
- Board of Directors, 2013-16
- Broward County Initiative Committee, Chair, 2011-15
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
- Board of Directors
- Entrepreneurship Council, Chair, 2016-18
- Venture Alliance
- Economic Capital Subcommittee
- Enterprise Development Corporation
- Board of Directors, 2009-12
- Executives for Florida Growth, founding member
- Florida Atlantic University College of Business and Adams Center for Entrepreneurship, final-round judge in Business Plan Competition (annual event)