Joanna Bonfanti is a seventh generation Floridian from the Panhandle. She has deep roots in both Florida and the political process. Her father, former Senator Charlie Clary (Destin), served ten years in the Florida Senate from 1996-2006. During this time, Joanna received first-hand experience in political campaigns, fundraising, public policy and advocacy watching Senator Clary represent his constituents in Tallahassee and serve in many leadership capacities, including as president pro tempore for the Senate.
Joanna’s passion for Florida politics and public policy led to her career in lobbying. She has over 10 years of experience representing clients before the legislature and executive agencies. Her clients come from a variety of industries, such as energy, transportation, water and wastewater, regulated industries, non-profit corporations, environmental, health care and education.
Joanna strives to build relationships with legislators and staff, and to provide personal and consistent client communications. She helps clients develop a full legislative strategy from drafting legislation, finding sponsors, passage of legislation, and even killing harmful legislation or amendments. She can also advise clients on incorporating public affairs strategies to achieve success.
- Big Bend March of Dimes “Award of Achievement in Advocacy, 2013”
- Big Bend March of Dimes President’s Society, 2012-15
- “Redistricting in Seminole County,” speaker, Seminole County Chamber, Issues Committee, September 2021
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists
- Big Bend March of Dimes
- Board member, 2012-present
- Vice chair of the board, 2013-16
- Leadership Tallahassee Class 32
- Junior League of Tallahassee, 2012-15