Andrew Piper is an associate in the firm’s Tax and Corporate practice groups. Andrew focuses his practice on personal and business tax-related matters, as well as joint venture structuring and corporate restructurings. He is dedicated to understanding clients’ goals and providing diligent legal representation in an efficient manner. Andrew has advised various clients, including closely-held businesses, entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals, and tax-exempt organizations.
Andrew received his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude. While in law school, Andrew served as a member on the University of Miami Law Review. Additionally, Andrew served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Jose E. Martinez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Prior to joining Gunster, Andrew received his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Miami School of Law. Moreover, Andrew is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for the State of Florida. With his multi-disciplinary background, Andrew represents clients in a variety of matters including mergers, acquisitions and corporate finance; executive compensation; private wealth services and estate planning; tax-exempt organizations; inbound and outbound international tax planning; and tax controversy and litigation.
Andrew strives to provide clients with efficient and effective advice, and works to deliver practical solutions to complex problems in an easy to understand format.
- Order of the Coif, University of Miami School of Law
- Book Awards:
- Income Tax of Trusts and Estates
- Advanced Corporate Tax
- Federal Income Tax I
- Legal Research Techniques
- Mindful Ethics
- Legal Communication and Research Skills I
- Legal Communication and Research Skills II
- University of Miami School of Law, Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2013-16
- Dean’s List, University of Miami School of Law
- Academic Achievement Dean’s Fellow, Elements, 2015
- University of Miami Law Review
- “Board Structure and Processes,” Corporate Governance: Law and Practice, 2017-18 Editions, Lexis-Nexis/Matthew Bender
- “’Don’t Stop B-lievin’: A ‘Journey’ into benefit corporations,” The Securities Edge, published by Wolters Kluwer, 2017
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Florida
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
- American Bar Association
- Deliver the Dream, young professionals board member, 2018-19
- HOPE Pro Bono challenge recipient, University of Miami School of Law