Simon Ferro is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2013.
Simon has more than three decades of experience in the areas of zoning, land use and governmental relations.
Simon represents residential, commercial and industrial developers at all levels and through all stages of the legal and administrative process pertaining to real estate development. His practical experience includes the filing of Master Plans, Development of Regional Impact and zoning applications.
Simon strives to bring his clients value with his ability to serve as a catalyst for achieving their goals and objectives. He is known for his diplomacy and negotiation skills. A consensus builder who is often able to achieve resolution even in the most complex undertakings, Simon’s involvement and leadership are an important part of his practice.
Simon is a former U.S. ambassador to Panama. He continues to maintain strong ties in Latin America, where he regularly represents clients seeking business relationships and access to government procurement opportunities.
Simon was appointed by President Bill Clinton to lead the U.S. diplomatic mission in Panama during the historic hand over of the Panama Canal and numerous military installations to Panamanian control in 1999. He was also appointed by President Clinton to the Board of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Government Relations Practice "Lawyer of the Year" in Miami, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Government Relations Practice, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2011-18
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007, 2014-18
- Latin Builders Association, “Attorney of the Year Award”
- Former U.S. Ambassador to Panama, 1999-01
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation, board of directors, 1994-99
- Florida Bar
- U.S. Southern Command Advisory Panel
- Democratic National Committee (DNC), former member
- Florida Democratic Party, former chair
- Democratic Executive Committee, Miami-Dade County, former member
- Latin Builders Association, board of directors, former member
- Dade County Charter Review Committee, former member
- Battered Women’s Clemency Fund, board of directors, former member