Kim Lunsford offers her clients nearly three decades of legal counsel encompassing a wide variety of complex real estate development, amenity and community matters. Kim’s experience includes resort and master-planned community development, club membership structuring and operation, use and access agreements, management and licensing agreements, corporate governance, club and property owner association turnovers and real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
Kim has represented more than 150 developers, operators and members of some of the largest and most prestigious resorts, clubs and communities in operation today. She is dedicated to devising creative approaches to optimize amenities and address the variety of issues that arise in the development and operation of these properties. She has designed a wide array of amenity programs ranging from traditional private country clubs, to urban dining and fitness clubs, to extensive resort-community access arrangements, among others. Kim also advises on the day-to-day challenges that arise in the course of operating such programs. In addition, she assists with club and association documents, corporate governance, marketing programs, licensing compliance, easements, leases, personnel agreements, restrictive covenants and sales contracts.
Kim’s focus is to protect, preserve and leverage assets to advance both the short and long term goals of her clients. She is committed to delivering the legal acuity and keen business sense needed to provide practical solutions to on-going operational challenges and macro return on investment planning. She strives to deliver significant value to her clients by developing a thorough understanding of their businesses, and serving as a dedicated team member. Kim’s ability to serve as a trusted advisor is manifest in the client relationships she has maintained over decades of practice.
In addition to her law career, Kim enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter. A fitness enthusiast, Kim is an avid paddle boarder and enjoys many outdoor activities. She is involved in a variety of charitable organizations and currently serves as a director for an environmentally oriented foundation.
Kim is involved in many areas of real estate, club and community law, a sampling of which includes:
- Representing an international real estate investment group in structuring and operating a world class resort club with 3,000 + members
- Structuring and drafting governing and marketing documents for a prestigious chain of private clubs
- Structuring and drafting governing and consumer purchase documents for a residential resort community
- Representing a nationwide owner of numerous golf courses and recreational amenities in preparing and amending golf course and amenity use and access agreements for thousands of fractional ownership users and hotel guests
- Negotiating and completing the transfer of exclusive resort facilities from corporate owner to members through a complex stock purchase
- Representing a prestigious resort owner and community developer in restructuring membership programs to achieve significant revenue and tax benefits
- Representing multiple residential developers in negotiating and completing turnovers of large property owner associations and clubs to owners and members
- Representing the landowner in negotiating and completing the sale of a large land tract to a public entity for conservation purposes
- Representing a condominium developer in creating a brokerage entity and salesperson documentation for sales of multi-million dollar condominiums
- Representing private clubs by providing advice regarding maintaining private club status
- Representing a high-end community developer in the creation, documentation and licensing of golf, tennis, dining, swimming, fitness and childcare facilities to amenitize a large, residential development
- Representing members in creating an exclusive private golf club
- Florida Bar, Real Property and Probate Section
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- National Golf Foundation
- National Club Association
- American Resort and Development Association