Mallory Meads is an associate in the firm's Tax practice group.
Mallory received her J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2016, where she graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Mallory served on the executive board of the University of Miami Law Review, where she was an articles and comments editor. Additionally, Mallory served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Alicia Valle of the United States District Court for the South District of Florida.
Prior to joining Gunster in 2017, Mallory received her LL.M. in Taxation with a Certificate in Estate Planning from Georgetown University Law Center, with distinction. During her time in the nation's capital, Mallory gained insight into complex tax matters, including planning for highly-compensated individuals; estate and trust administration; charitable planning; disability, insurance and benefit planning; and related corporate and partnership tax issues.
- Georgetown University Law Center Graduate Tax Scholar, 100% tuition scholarship, 2016
- Order of the Coif, University of Miami School of Law, 2016
- Book Awards:
- Tax Treatment of Charities and Other Nonprofit Organizations
- Partnership Tax
- Tax Planning Skills
- Legal Research Techniques
- U.S. Constitutional Law I
- Legal Communication and Research Skills I
- Emotional Intelligence
- University of Miami School of Law, Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2013-16
- Tax Section-Florida Bar JD Scholarship, 2015-16
- Law Alumni Scholarship, 2015-16
- Dean’s List, Georgetown University Law Center
- Dean’s List, University of Miami School of Law
- University of Miami Law Review, articles and comments editor
- Academic Achievement Writing Dean’s Fellow, 2014-16
- “The War Against Ourselves: Heien v. North Carolina, the War on Drugs, and Police Militarization,” University of Miami Law Review, 2016
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), tax preparer, 2015