Lewis Crippen joined Gunster in 1977, and is a shareholder in the Real Estate practice group. Lew concentrates his practice on the representation of entities and high net worth individuals in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate law, including the sale, purchase, financing and leasing of real property, as well as commercial and residential construction contracting.
Lew’s practice involves real estate transactions throughout the state of Florida. He has also acted as Florida counsel on many national and international transactions. In his almost four decades of practice, Lew has closed transactions valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars. He is personally committed to being responsive and to offering practical and considered solutions to even the most complex real estate and construction related transactions.
Lew negotiates, documents and closes transactions such as real estate related mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; financing and investment transactions; and leasing and development agreements. He negotiates and drafts contracts pertaining to office buildings, multifamily residential projects, hotels and resorts, industrial and recreational properties, to name only a few. Lew performs commercial and residential title examinations, analyzes and resolves title related issues and conducts closings.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, Construction Law, 2011-19
- Palm Beach Illustrated, "Top Lawyers," Real Estate, 2018
- “A Comparative Analysis of Legal Structures for Developing and Marketing Dockominiums,” National Marina Research Conference, 1990
- “Governmental Regulation of the Marketing of Real Estate Developments” seminar, 1991-92
- “Renovation and Construction Law,” The Legal Reference Guide for Private Clubs, published by the National Club Association, 2010
- “The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title I–Employment,” with G. Brian Butler, June 1992
- “The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title III–Public Accommodations and Services Operated by Private Entities,” with G. Brian Butler, May 1992
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial & Office Properties, past state secretary
- Leadership Palm Beach County
- University of Florida College of Law Alumni Council, past president
- Gulf Stream Council of Boy Scouts of America, adult leader