Nicholas Elder joined Gunster in 2017 after spending more than a decade litigating state and federal cases throughout Florida.
Nicholas is a member of the Business Litigation and Construction practice groups in the Jacksonville office. He has experience representing clients in a variety of matters, including construction defect claims, complex commercial litigation and multi-faceted contractual disputes. Nicholas is currently focused on representing owners, developers and design professionals in state and federal courts throughout the country. He assists his clients by seeking to provide crucial pre-litigation advice on alternative dispute resolution, as well as calculated strategies once litigation becomes necessary.
Nicholas is committed to developing strong and reputable professional relationships in the community in order to strive to provide the best service for his clients. Because of this, he was recently recognized by his peers with an AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell for 2016-2017.
Nicholas is also active in the community, volunteering his time tutoring underprivileged students and coaching girls youth soccer.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell, 2016-17
- Florida State Business Law Review
- Journal of Transnational Law and Policy
- ALFA Product Liability Florida Compendium, co-author, 2009
- Jacksonville Bar Association, 2006-present
- Florida Bar Association, 2006-present
- Federal Bar Association, 2006-present
- Associated Builders and Contractors, 2015-present
- American Bar Association, 2006-present
- Sulzbacher Center volunteer program